Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Polycom SoundPoint IP Phone Configs - Deprecated Model Error


Due to a series of unfortunate events, I was forced to recently upgrade the firmware on our Netvanta 7100 PBX VOIP phone system at multiple sites.  After the upgrade, when I tried to change phone settings through the management console I received errors after hitting Apply.  Also, under Voice - IP Phone Configs all phone configs are in orange and a message states "Deprecated phone model setting detected.  Please double-click the highlighted item and select a new phone model." 








Any ideas on what I'm dealing with here?  I initially thought I had to upgrade the firmware on all phones to be compatible with the new Netvanta 7100 firmware but after reading the AOS firmware release notes I realized that the current Polycom SoundPoint IP Phone firmware is the right version. The system prompts to select a new model for the Polycom SoundPoint IP 650 phone and lists it as Adtran/Polycom IP 650 from the selection list.  The problem with that is  when I selected a new phone model from the list provided, the phone failed to boot afterward and I had to manually make changes to the configuration files for it to boot back up. 

To add a twist to it all, at another site I did the exact same thing for another phone but different model (Polycom SoundPoint IP 335) and all worked fine.  That is, the phone model was said to be deprecated and was listed as Polycom SoundPoint IP 335.  I had to select a new model from the list and chose Adtran/Polycom IP 335.  

I'm off to try this on another Polycom SoundPoint IP 650 and Polycom SoundPoint IP 335.  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment