Thursday, March 19, 2015

Polycom SoundPoint IP Phone Configs Error




Recapping, I recently upgraded the firmware on 3 Adtran Netvanta 7100 PBX phone systems after having networking problems with older system firmware on two units and replacing a third.  Although I checked for the IP phone firmware to be supported by the newer AOS PBX firmware, after the upgrade under the IP Phone Configs tab all are shown in orange and an error states that the phone model is deprecated and I need to select a new phone model.  This is affecting all our Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 phones and Polycom SoundPoint IP 650 phones.  From the selection list provided, Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 is no longer available; instead, I have to pick Adtran/Polycom IP 335.  When selecting the new phone model for this particular phone, the phone then becomes unbootable.   I was able to test and reproduce this in a mock environment.  After trial and error, I finally managed to boot the phone successfully, however, when testing in a live environment, it did not work and the phone I was testing on got stuck in a reboot loop.

Polycom SoundPoint IP 650 - Affected
Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 - Affected
Adtran IP 706/712 - Not Affected

The AOS configuration files are the same; the AOS firmware on both machines are not the same but I doubt this to be the problem; both were recently updated to newer firmware than what we were running previously.  Something tells me the issue is a file missing or different in the CFlash.  The CFlash on the test unit came with a replacement Netvanta 7100; the Netvanta 7100 in our live environment is using the same CFlash we were using prior to the firmware update.  I suspect that the CFlash recently sent to us by the mfg along with the replacement 7100 (we had a unit replaced recently) includes something that our "old" CFlash does not....

No comments:

Post a Comment